What is TeamViewer?
TeamViewer is a software application that allows remote control, desktop sharing and file transfer between computers.
What are some use cases of TeamViewer?
- Remote Support- Provide internal support or support services for customers.
- Remote Access- Set up permanent access and remotely control, monitor, and maintain devices.
- Meetings & Collaboration- Conduct training seminars, meetings, presentations, and interactive conferences
- Home Office- Work from home for the day, or making your home as your office.
- Mobile Connections on the Go- The use of mobile device to provide support or connect to the host computer from anywhere.
- Remotely Support Mobile Devices- Provide technical support for mobile devices.
What is the difference between TeamViewer and RDP or VNC?
The main difference is that TeamViewer works without port forwarding and configurations on firewalls and proxy servers. Configurations with TeamViewer are not a necessity no matter if you need a solution for remote support, remote control, remote access, or online meetings.
Which platforms are TeamViewer available for?
It is available on Windows, Mac, and Linux. And also on Mobile apps: Android, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Windows Phone 8.
What are the benefits of using TeamViewer?
- Multi-platform software for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Unlimited remote computers
- TeamViewer account with all of your computers and contacts readily available for a quick one-click connection
- The highest security standards
- Excellent customer support
- Easy to use, no configuration necessary
- All-In-One solution for on-demand remote support, remote access, and more